Monday, January 30, 2006

Did I tell you about the girl I met in Regina......January 30 2006

Crikey Its Toronto Pip with his trusty, oh no it's a


business trip so am on my todd.

Welcome to "the business trip that is".

Haven't had time for "the week that was" of late so

you are just going to have to put up with this short

and sweet rendition of my latest business trip.



I was sitting at Toronto airport Sunday afternoon

working out how many planes I have been on, how many

hotels I have stayed in, how many rental f...ing cars

I have hired [and were the hell am I going this time]

and wondered to myself what the hell is it all about,

way are we here, did we evolve [some of my friends

proof we did] shit that was a bit heavy, lets digress

to my trip before I get all teary eyed.



Take of 4pm to Saskatchewan, NO it was delayed out of

Saskatchewan as there was a blizzard. Take of at 7pm

NO, as we had to wait in line to be sprayed with fluid

to de-ice. Take of at 7.30 NO, we now had to wait in a

cue for 30 Min's before take off. At least I going

back in time if you know what I mean. Who ever said

travel was glamours needs a kick up the jacksy.



Flight to Sas very smooth, not so with the landing as

we had to fly through high winds [and that was just

from my pants], through a blizzard, as I was looking

out window to see were the runway was we hit, bounced,

hit, bounced, hit, bounced, hit and stopped bouncing,

[it was like watching the women's final at Melbourne,

I mean the young lady sitting next to me breast's were

doing a fantastic impersonation]. I was just starting

to get excited when the bloody pilot decided to slam

the plane into a skid, hit full reverse and brakes at

the same time so my last vision was not of a wonderful

pair of firm knocker's getting back to a normal sway

but the f...ing tray in the upright position smacking

me in the nose. To top it off the nob up the front [I

mean the pilot] announced welcome to Regina [which

sounds like va.... and his landing nearly gave me

angina]. Its a crisp -11 with wind chills of -20. Oh

great I forgot my battery operated heated long johns

and my hat. Into another Hotel to find the bar under

construction and the restaurant closed, great.

Any way I have a days work in Regina, and then up to

Saskatoon for another day, that will be great as its

-20 with wind chill of - f..k its cold. I will keep

you informed of my first real drive into the

wilderness, at the counter of the rental car company,

will you be taking the insurance option sir, "hell

yes, and can I have the red mustang I haven't bent one

of those?, Yet!

Catch you soon

Love to all

Toronto Schumaker Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment