Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"The Weeks That Were" [Ground Hog's, Grits & Business Trips] Feb 21 2006

Hi all,


Cat got your tongue, oh how quickly they forget, any

way back into my normal delivery of the goings on of

Toronto Pip and Mississauga Juju.



I trust I catch you all well and enjoying the summer.

I am loving winter here and don't know what they all

complain about. Just last night it was -13 degrees and

I still managed to take the dog out for a walk with

my rugby shorts on. The locals can't believe it and

they stand out there looking like bloody Eskimo's

complaining how cold it is. Harden up I say, [which is

probably the wrong thing considering most of them are

gay].



I know that you have all been waiting anxiously for

"the week that was", some even pinning. It has become

a kind of expectation, a cult even. However with

travel etc this time it has to be "THE WEEKS THAT

WERE". I will try in my own way to keep it brief.



GROUNDHOG DAY,

February 2nd an American & Canadian tradition were

people trek to Gobblers Knob [and no its not just

around the corner from where we live, however I

believe half off those there believe they will get

some]. Only to find Punxsutawney Phil a cute little

groundhog who predicts the end of winter. Its the day

he comes out of his hole after a long winter sleep to

look for his shadow [just like Mississauga Juju].

If it is bright and clear six more months of winter is

there.

If it is dull and cloudy, Phil recons winters over.

Needless to say we are having a longer winter.



GRITS,

What the hell is this all about, every time I go to

the mid-west or mid-south of the US of A. I am always

served coffee by Cletus, and then his sister, who is

also his mother [that explains the missing teeth and

the slow talk]. Anyway it always happens I get asked,

"you want Hominy grits or plain grits", oh god I don't

want to be rude but who the f..k wants something

called grits for breakfast. Its made from the flint or

dent of corn with hard kernels that are dried on the

cob but then they soak them in a solution of baking

soda, lime & wood ash. Apparently this soften and

loosens the hulls [not to mention softens and loosens

something else]. Plus if need be they can use the

mixture to help with the road works. Unfortunately I

had to spend the whole day in Pleasant Shade,

Tennessee and after the grits I can assure you I

wasn't a pleasant shade. They cook them in about two

inches of bacon fat. Also this was the only place in

town that you could eat at. Back for lunch and feeling

safe only to find they serve grits for all meals [I

skipped dinner]. Cletus was still there with Beth who

is his mothers sister which makes her his aunt as well

as his other sister [try and keep up will you].



BUSINESS TRIPS.

I am making a bit of an effort in the north of US of

A, been visiting and or about to visit Minnesota,

Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania

and of course my favourite Michigan. Car Capital of

the world, or should that be gun capital of the world.

[I travel packing heat and am never far from the

bullet proof vest]. Its great you go to restaurants

and they have lockers as there is a no gun policy

inside, plus you have to walk through metal detectors

to prove your clean. WOW WHAT A COUNTRY. [I have my

own opinion on that but that would be another whole

new email in its self].



We had a visit from Vicky Broadbent [or as I like to

call her Mistress Vicky] so you can imagine the carry

on that week, yet again a whole email in its self. It

was great to see her and we had a ball.



Ju & I have been skiing [snow of course] and after a

few of you have picked yourselves up off the floor I

have to say I am loving it and will be at the 2010

Olympics probably skiing for Canada??? I will be in

ski jumping, downhill, aerials, and luge. Anyway back

up the hill this weekend to break in the new boots.



I am home in Toronto this week but next week a quick

trip to London and Paris, [just for 4 days]. Then I

have a split week in Wisconsin & Minnesota to train

some new reps and see one factory which is of interest

to us. So there you have it, a it boring I know, but

its the best I can do.



Send me a bit of your own news, its always good &

exciting to get emails, however dull.



Bye for now, Love to all.

Toronto Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment