Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sweating for the Paint

Ugly shed is about to get a face lift. How its survived all the demolition around here is a wonder. Ugly shed was the first thing we'd tagged for demo but its stay of execution evolved as its usefulness for dry storage became evident, aided also by its desirability to others more far seeing.

Pip cleared it out last weekend so along with all the buys from the office, his garage is now bristling with desks, chairs, shelving units and assorted sports stuff. Armed with a 10L pail of bright white paint, first I sealed and then rolled an exhausting six coats of white paint on the fake wood paneling. Slaving away on the two hottest days of the summer to transform every surface into a clean slate. Sadly a about a litre of paint found its way into my hair, soles of my shoes and seat of my pants!

Pip, arriving home, stopped dead in his tracks as I emerged from my 'Ugly Shed' saying, "If anyone who knows you saw you in that get up they'd disown you!" Really?, I thought, Doesn't everyone wrap a tee shirt round their head and wear a bikini while painting!


Anyhoo by midday Saturday we had moved all the furniture in, I'd unpacked my library unseen for 10 years and could proudly say I had my own space at last. Be it ever so humble there's no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment