Sunday, May 25, 2014

Marche Poncelet and Brocante Marche at Rue Courcelles

A brisk morning walk started day two. Alex and I strolled to her gilded Russian Orthodox Church 'Alexander Nevsky'. Worshipers intoned vespers while the Priest swung a golden orb wafting difts of frankincense over the congregation. Worshipers kissed an ancient icon, genuflecting  as they walked towards the altar. Many lit candles or wrote prayers to be read during the service.

Crossing Avenue des Ternes we meandered through Marche Poncelet where food and flower vendors display their wares with all that incredible French flair.

 
 
 

Leaving Poncelet we turned into Rue Courcelles to find the Brocante Marche in full swing. My heart sank and soared as I spied all the covetable accoutrements of life on offer. Such deliciousness. So I shopped with my camera. My pics show some of the items I'd have loved to bring home!





  Mindful of an important date at 4.30 we strolled home through the fragrant Parc on Rue Pereire.



No comments:

Post a Comment